SkoFlo Industries, a world leader in the design and manufacturing of chemical injection valves for the offshore petroleum industry, seeks an experienced Shipping & Receiving Specialist (Logistics Technician) to join our team.
The Shipping & Receiving Specialist is responsible for shipping and receiving activities, basic Quality Control activities and monitoring inventory control activities.
- Shipping and receiving of raw materials/semi-finished, specialized/specific materials, finished components, and customer deliveries.
- Preparation and processing of International shipping/customs documentation.
- Lower level inspection of incoming product, P.O. and certification requirements.
- Provide support for purchasing/supplier in resolving receiving product and documentation issues.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory levels of production parts.
- Receipt and accounting of production parts using ERP.
- Movement of inside and outside processed components and materials to meet production schedules.
- Ability to drive company vehicles in accordance with regulations and insurability.
- Arrange transport and disposal of our hazardous waste.
- Plan, assign, review, and train new and lower level employees in inventory control, shipping, and receiving.
- Comply with safety regulations; understand and comply with applicable regulations and codes.
- Document inventory, receiving, and shipping procedures.
- Packaging and shipping in support of production.
- Maintain safe, clean, and effective work environment; comply with all safety rules.
- Drive “Zero Defect” philosophy and model company culture and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of shipping/receiving experience working in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP software. Epicor software experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Schedule B and HS numbers, ECCNs, export license exceptions, and international shipping procedures preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple changing priorities.
- Intermediate skill level with business applications, including MS Office.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility preferred.
Must currently hold or be able to obtain:
- Forklift certification
- Hazwoper certification