Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced, and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patients access to cutting-edge treatment.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Medical Assistant (MA) to join our professional team in Tacoma. As our Medical Assistant, you will assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician and provide core functions of patient nagivation.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs, weight, and pain score.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Maintains and cleans exam rooms.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Administers or reviews prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and ensures proper function.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Performs clerical duties to maintain effective operations including paperwork, patient follow up, and phone calls
- Preps charts in advance of patient visit for physician.
- Coordinates appointments with providers to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services
- Travels to and work from various clinic locations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program
- Current BLS certification or recertification within one month of hire
- HCA certification (Level A, C, and E for clinic guidelines)
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Employment at a stable and growing company with career growth opportunities
- Free parking
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Cross-department training opportunities
- Competitive salary and great benefits package
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!