Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced, and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patients access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time Infusion RN to join our professional nursing team in Tacoma, WA. As our Infusion RN, you will responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Coordinate nursing and patient care activities within the department and with other clinical departments in order to provide efficient comprehensive and cost effective patient care.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out skills as outlined in nursing procedures for clinical areas worked including administration of prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards and clinic policy.
- Participate in preparing patient for infusion room appointments.
- Ensure laboratory orders are completed and processed as ordered.
- Administer IV infusions within scope of Registered Nurse license.
- Document all activities completed and record in the patients’ medical records.
- Oversee management of daily patient care.
- Oversee LPN’s and Medical Assistant’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current Washington State RN License required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Previous oncology experience and/or experience administering chemotherapy preferred.
- OCM certification preferred; ability to obtain within two year of hire required.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Experience using OncoEMR and Epic a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Employment at a stable and growing company with career growth opportunities
- Free parking
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Cross-department training opportunities
- Competitive salary and great benefits package
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!