Unfortunately at this time, Auction Edge is not able to provide Visa sponsorship.
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior IBM System i Developer to join our team in Statesville, NC. This position will write code to ensure plans are accomplished and be responsible for system development and analysis.
- Candidates must have employment authorization to work in the US for an indefinite period of time without requiring sponsorship
- Work closely with the customer support team while utilizing the ticket system
- Evaluate opportunities across multiple technologically divergent legacy systems
- Accountable for both longer term architecture and implementation with a mix of issues that must be mitigated to the greatest extent possible and turned around quickly to customers
- Provide cross-training for development team, communicating clearly to meet organizational goals
- Take strategic plans and make the tactical implementations happen in code
- 10-15 years of IBM System i platform solutions
- Experience implementing service oriented solutions and awareness of the tradeoffs in implementations and data formats. RPG, CL ,embedded-SQL, DDS
- Experience creating/maintaining service programs, stored procedures and SQL views
- Ability to self-prioritize and move forward on multiple projects at once
- Design and develop technical solutions that are secure, robust, performant, and scalable
- Understand engineering costs across all aspects of product delivery, including: development effort, scalability, deployment complexity, run-time cost, and maintainability
- Write quality code that’s correct, well-factored, documented, testable, and maintainable
- Measure, find, and fix performance issues
- Research current trends, best practices, development libraries, and frameworks
- Experience in authoring code for large scale architecture, high performance Web services, software development lifecycles, and a track record of delivery of architectural designs
- Ability to balance and articulate factors informing and supporting a position on the relative importance of both expected and unexpected opportunities in code
- Knowledge of T.L. Ashford Barcode software and windows based software
- Knowledge of ASI files, GSA model, Acom, Digidoc
- Familiar with MDCMS or other change management software
- Computer Science degree
- Knowledge of auto auction industry
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth. Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.