Unfortunately at this time, Auction Edge is not able to provide Visa sponsorship.
Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are currently seeking a Java Developer to join our team in Pensacola, FL or Nashville, TN. Responsibilities include system development, analysis, and support for the auto auction application systems that stretch across all layers and operating environments.
A successful candidate will be able to achieve the right solution scope within the greater organizational goals while balancing available time and resources.
- Participate in planning meetings, help team create well-written stories and consider customer risks when prioritizing
- Build code that is well-written according to team development guidelines and software best practices
- Take high-level descriptions of the desired technical solution and provide functional end results with little supervisory direction.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members across geographical, technical, and functional boundaries
- Work closely with QA staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have employment authorization to work in the US for an indefinite period of time without requiring sponsorship.
- BS in Computer Science
- 2 years of Java development experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and ability to work across various teams
- Knowledge of unit, integration, and user acceptance testing practices and concepts
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment concepts and practices
- Familiar with code versioning tools (such as Git or SVN)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Willing and motivated to work in a collaborative team environment where pair programming, TDD, and clean code are the norm
- Ability to travel as needed
- Knowledgeable of Windows based software, Enterprise Integration Patterns, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, and stored procedure programming
- Ability to access and update database via JDBC, JPA, Hibernate or other technologies
- Ability to create and consume XML / JSON
- Ability to send and receive data via various network protocols (FTP, HTTP, JMS, etc.)
- Experience developing web applications (J2EE, Spring MVC, HTML, CSS, Camel, etc.)
- Familiarity with JAVA IDE's like Eclipse or Intellij
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth. Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.