SkoFlo Industries, a world leader in the design and manufacturing of chemical injection valves for the offshore petroleum industry, seeks an experienced Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Logistics Technician) to join our team.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is responsible for shipping and receiving activities, basic Quality Control activities and monitoring inventory control activities.
- Shipping and receiving of raw materials/semi-finished, specialized/specific materials, finished components, and customer deliveries.
- Preparation and processing of International shipping/customs documentation.
- Lower level inspection of incoming product, P.O. and certification requirements.
- Provide support for purchasing/supplier in resolving receiving product and documentation issues.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory levels of production parts.
- Receipt and accounting of production parts using ERP.
- Movement of inside and outside processed components and materials to meet production schedules.
- Ability to drive company vehicles in accordance with regulations and insurability.
- Arrange transport and disposal of our hazardous waste.
- Plan, assign, review, and train new and lower level employees in inventory control, shipping, and receiving.
- Comply with safety regulations; understand and comply with applicable regulations and codes.
- Document inventory, receiving, and shipping procedures.
- Packaging and shipping in support of production.
- Maintain safe, clean, and effective work environment; comply with all safety rules.
- Drive “Zero Defect” philosophy and model company culture and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of shipping/receiving experience working in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP software. Epicor software experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Schedule B and HS numbers, ECCNs, export license exceptions, and international shipping procedures preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple changing priorities.
- Intermediate skill level with business applications, including MS Office.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility preferred.
Must currently hold or be able to obtain:
- Forklift certification
- Hazwoper certification
Applications are accepted using our online application process only.