Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are currently seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to join our team in our Statesville, NC, Pensacola, FL, or Spokane, WA office (or remote office in Atlanta, GA). The Learning and Development Specialist will support organizational strategic planning as a subject matter expert in the analysis, design, development, management, delivery, and implementation of Auction Edge training programs. The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and lifecycle management of training development, content creation, and coordinating the delivery of approved training materials to Auction Edge’s workforce and customer base.
- Work with leadership to identify training programs that drive employee retention and provide technical knowledge to employees and customers.
- Design and develop mixed-media based training programs and solutions; job-aids, videos, eLearnings, etc.
- Deliver virtual training in partnership with SMEs
- Oversee implementation programs and manage operational aspects of assigned programs, including organize, manage, control and direct all activities for the program.
- Liaise with program stakeholders, manage resources within the learnings and manage the design, development, and delivery of the program from initial concept through to execution.
- Assess employee and customers issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Implement and streamline consistent processes across all learning opportunities.
- Ensure continuous alignment of scope and strategic business objective and make recommendations to modify training programs to enhance effectiveness toward business result and strategic intent.
- Regularly communicate progress, issues and risks to management stakeholders.
- Lead and/or assist with special strategic initiatives.
- Compile statistics, evaluates data, and present recommendations to stakeholders for strategic training planning.
- Trains subject matter experts to conduct key specialized training within areas of expertise
- Work with, develop, coach, and mentor SMEs, installers, and trainers to ensure there is a consistent training approach, look, and feel.
- Establish credibility as an internal thought leader on strategic and business issues.
- Up to 35% travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General understanding of basic training design concepts from analysis-to-development-to-delivery.
- General knowledge of adult learning theory best practices and concepts as they lend towards the development of training materials.
- Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts at all levels within the organization to help interpret complex data/information and distill it into concise and training materials; documents, job-aids, videos, eLearning, etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing or facilitating programs.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Proficient in the utilization of standardized ‘authoring tools’ such as: Captivate, Articulate, etc. and/or proficient in video/media editing tools such as Camtasia, Vegas, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Experience with web-based delivery tools, like WebEx or Zoom.
- Manage day-to-day activities of multiple assigned projects, communicate status updates and proactively identify changes in scope of work to ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to assess impacts of scope change.
- Support delivery of training and incorporate critical feedback.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Strong working knowledge of instructional design and experience with training needs analysis.
- Undergraduate degree or four years of work-related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad knowledge of training methodology that enables the application of principles and techniques stakeholders and audience; included, but not limited to ADDIE, SAM, etc.
- A minimum of five years of training and/or education experience.
- Passion for storytelling, conceptualizing fresh ideas, and translating market insights into compelling pitches.
- Strategic training theory applied to tangible business plans.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Photoshop and Illustrator especially).
- Automotive industry/automotive remarketing background is highly desired.
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth. Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.