LKD Aerospace, a growing aerospace & defense company, in business since 1983, has an immediate opening for a full-time Quality Assurance Manager in Snoqualmie, WA. LKD is a Global Distributor, Manufacturer & MRO of Aerospace Components specializing in distribution of factory new aerospace & defense components, FAA-PMA parts, OEM manufacturing of aerospace components for a variety of applications and MRO services. Our Gladiator Technologies Division designs and manufactures high performance MEMS inertial sensors and systems for OEM applications around the world.
We are looking for a new Quality Assurance Manager. Directly reporting to the CEO, the Quality Assurance Manager will be a committed QA professional with the desire to continuously improve and embed quality processes in a fast- growing business.
Our ideal candidate will be a hands on professional, who is able to work closely at the executive level as well as on the shop floor. Our QA Manager must have recent AS9100D experience and be adept at interacting with the FAA, especially on the production side.
- Ensures regulatory, industry and customer compliance for repair, manufacturing and distribution including:
- AS9100/ISO9001 3rd party certified Quality Management System
- FAR/DFAR Quality flow-down regulatory requirements
- Military (MIL-STDs) Quality flow-down regulatory requirements.
- FAA-PMA regulatory requirements.
- FAA-FSDO regulatory requirements.
- Ensure internal processes needed for quality management system compliance are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Compile First Article Inspection Reports in accordance with AS9102.
- Perform inspection activities for In-process, Receiving and Shipping procedures.
- Conduct internal audits for Distribution, Repair Station, and Manufacturing segments of the business.
- Maintain Approved Supplier List including re-approval; removal from ASL & site audits.
- Administer the company employee orientation and continuation training plans and schedules.
- Administer document control including processing requests for change. Maintain electronic records archives in compliance with company and FAA requirements.
- Maintain FAA Repair Station Roster and be subject to initial and random anti-drug & alcohol abuse testing.
- 8+ year’s progressive responsibility in managing quality assurance systems
- Knowledge of military program qualification submittal and approval requirements
- Knowledge of FAA PMA submittal process requirements
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager, ASQ Quality Improvement Associate, AS9100 Certified Internal Auditor &/or MIL-STD Qualification Experience preferred
- Six Sigma green/black belt desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take a proactive and positive approach while working in a small team environment
- Experience in using ERP Systems in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to Stand/Climb/Stoop/Lifting/Push/Pull during a typical day
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a health/dental/vision care package, employer retirement match, life insurance and paid time off.
LKD Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace