LKD Aerospace, a growing aerospace & defense company, in business since 1983, has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Quality Assurance in Snoqualmie, WA. LKD is a Global Distributor, Manufacturer & MRO of Aerospace Components specializing in distribution of factory new aerospace & defense components, FAA-PMA parts, OEM manufacturing of aerospace components for a variety of applications and MRO services. Our Gladiator Technologies Division designs and manufactures high performance MEMS inertial sensors and systems for OEM applications around the world.
We are looking for a new Director of Quality Assurance. Directly reporting to the CEO, the Director of Quality Assurance will be a committed QA professional with desire to continuously improve and embed quality processes in a fast- growing business. They will maintain compliance to multiple quality management systems as required by regulatory and industry standards such as AS9100D; FAA-PMA; FAA-FSDO and MIL-STD’s for both the LKD Aerospace Division (www.Lkdaerospace.com) and the Gladiator Technologies Division (www.GladiatorTechnologies.com).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Ensures regulatory, industry and customer compliance for repair, manufacturing and distribution including:
- Maintain and ensure compliance to AS9100/ISO9001 3rd party certified Quality Management System.
- Maintain and ensure Quality Management System compliance to various FAR/DFAR Quality flow-down regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and ensure Quality Management System compliance to various Military (MIL-STDs) Quality flow-down regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and ensure Quality Management System compliance to FAA-PMA regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and ensure Quality Management System compliance to FAA-FSDO regulatory requirements.
- Ensure internal processes needed for quality management system compliance are established; implemented and maintained.
- Compile First Article Inspection Reports in accordance with AS9102.
- Perform inspection activities for In-process, Receiving and Shipping procedures.
- Conduct internal audits for Distribution, Repair Station and Manufacturing segments of the business.
- Maintain Approved Supplier List including re-approval; removal from ASL & site audits.
- Administer the company employee orientation and continuation training plans and schedules.
- Administer document control including processing requests for change. Maintain electronic records archives in compliance with company and FAA requirements.
- Maintain FAA Repair Station Roster and be subject to initial and random anti-drug & alcohol abuse testing.
- 8+ year’s progressive responsibility in managing quality assurance systems
- Knowledge of military program qualification submittal and approval requirements
- Knowledge of FAA PMA submittal process requirements
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager (preferred)
- ASQ Quality Improvement Associate (preferred)
- AS9100 Certified Internal Auditor (preferred)
- MIL-STD Qualification Experience (preferred)
- Six Sigma green/black belt (desirable)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take a proactive and positive approach while working in a small team environment.
- Experience in using ERP Systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to Stand/Climb/Stoop/Lifting/Push/Pull during a typical day
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a health/dental/vision care package, employer retirement match, life insurance and paid time off.
LKD Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace