Headquartered in Everett, Washington, Interstate All Battery Center is looking for a full time, entry level Accounting / Administrative Assistant to join our team!
This job is all about the customer. You must be customer service oriented, polite and professional even with difficult customers. You understand the need for consistent attendance and punctuality. Attention to detail a must! Positive thinking and a good sense of humor is a definite bonus! You’ll need to have a great work ethic and strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to learn to communicate accounting related matters.
Candidates should be available to work 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. We offer a salary of up to $18.00 per hour and great benefits.
- Accounts Payable:
- Accurately pay company bills.
- Distribute invoices for proper approval and GL coding.
- Ensure that vendors are paid based on terms.
- Other special projects and duties as needed.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Ability to properly manage files and records
- Assist with AR collections as needed, monitor customer accounts for credit and collection issues.
- Apply payments to accounts.
- Apply changes to customer accounts as needed, including credit holds or release of orders
- Review and release orders based on status of account.
- Issue monthly customer statements.
- Audit & balance daily sales invoices and prepare deposits
- Administrative Assistant/Customer Service:
- Respond to and assist with sales calls and order entry from customers occasionally.
- Answer questions regarding accounts, products, ordering, and billing.
- Administrative support for Management and Sales staff as needed.
- Assist with inventory reconciliation and reporting
- Other projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; College accounting course work
- 2+ years of A/R, A/P, and administrative experience
- Experience with business machines, faxing, copying, mail machines, etc.
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls at times
- Proficiency with MS Office including a strong proficiency with Excel; Strong typing and 10 key skills.
- Understanding of wholesale distributor/supplier, auto/parts inventory highly desired.
- Patience with redundant tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Ability to take notes and strong attention to detail.
If you are energetic and a team player and would like to contribute your experience and skills to our company, please submit your cover letter and resume in a single document. Start your application today!
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets