We are looking for a bright and highly organized Accounting Clerk to join our corporate accounting department in Bellevue, WA. In this role, you will perform all aspects of processing required in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and lease administration for assigned properties in multiple property management systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Property Management AP:
- Prepare weekly cash requirements for all payments.
- Prepare and post all check batches, and process weekly check runs.
- Route paid invoices appropriately and file corporate A/P.
- Take all vendor calls and perform any research needed to resolve items on vendor statements.
- Perform A/P Month end according to the monthly closing schedule.
- Perform A/P year end functions including preparing the 1099 file and audit requests as required.
Property Management AR:
- Deposit checks received.
- Enter all receipts from lockbox, wire or checks.
- Enter and process all one time charges including tenant bill backs and CAM charges.
- Enter and process monthly recurring billing.
- Perform property management month end closing function according to monthly closing schedule.
- Run property management reports to check the status of accounts e.g., Unapplied Cash, Security Deposit Reconciliation, Collections.
- Enter and maintain data in all accounting systems as it relates to Buildings, Units and Leases.
- Receive and enter all information for additions and changes on company approved forms.
- Run Lease Master, or similar, report after entering data to verify that information entered does not adversely affect any building totals.
- Enter and review data necessary for the maintenance of deferred rent in respective accounting system.
- Initiate and/or release wires and ACH payments in coordination with other team members.
- Download daily bank reports and print all information needed to enter cash received.
- Update cash worksheets.
- Initiate Stop payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- This position requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Requires at least two years of related experience; prefer a combination of AR, AP and Lease Administration.
- General real estate knowledge is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and Access skills. Familiarity with AvidXchange, JDE, MRI and YARDI highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Ability to deal with interruptions, handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and respond to changing needs and requests.
- A pre-employment drug test and background check required.
About Schnitzer West:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West. Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets. Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets and currently manage 3.6 million square feet of commercial office with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER