This is a rare opportunity to work as a Software Developer for a well-established and growing organization in a friendly and professional environment.
As a key member of the Information Technology team, the Software Developer will perform key portions of software and application development including requirements gathering, initial design, coding, testing, and deployment.
Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Development of applications, the maintenance and upgrade to developed applications.
- Communication of progress on all program development projects.
- Work directly with end users and groups of users to define their specific needs.
- Guide the solution definition with the end users due to technical considerations, while always keeping in mind the end result is to develop applications which help the end users be more effective in performing their job.
- Creation and maintenance of any documentation for the end users and the code itself.
- Potential for managing several development projects at the same time.
- Upkeep of archived copies of the actual source code and development data sets for future use and effective disaster recovery.
- Attends at least one class annually to keep abreast of industry developments and allow for creation of vision for future projects.
- Maintenance and documentation of all code and programs in such a manner to be effective when updating or enhancing existing programs.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Software Developer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience developing applications and relational databases
- Strong experience working with .Net technologies, ASP.Net, C#, and SQL
- Experience in creating and deploying Stored Procedures, SQL BI tools including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS
- Experience consuming REST and SOAP APIs
- Proven experience working the full development life cycle including discovery, implementation, and delivery
- Broad experience in troubleshooting existing code
- Knowledge of networking, TCP/IP, Windows Domain usage, and navigating network space.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills
Peekay, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package that reflects our interest in the health and financial future of our employees. FT employees receive comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance coverage, company sponsored AFLAC supplemental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k retirement savings plan and a generous employee purchase discount program.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted using our online application process only. Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single document.