Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We are looking for a full time, experienced Patient Account Representative II to join our billing team in Tacoma.
The Patient Account Representative II is responsible for providing quality assistance to our patients in resolving billing related questions and ensuring proper billing guidelines are met with each insurance carrier.
- Researches, resolves, and resubmits denied claims and takes timely and routine action to collect unpaid claims.
- Understands and interprets insurance EOB, knows when and how to ensure that proper payment has been received.
- Researches and resolves rejected, incorrectly paid, and denied claims within an established timeline.
- Researches and resolves unpaid accounts receivable and makes appropriate corrections in the practice management system to ensure proper reimbursement.
- Resubmits claim forms in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Responds professionally to all inquiries from patients, staff, and payers in a timely manner.
- Utilizes available resources to identify reasons for payment discrepancies.
- Keeps management informed of changes in billing requirements, rejection or denial codes as they pertain to claim processing and coding.
- Accurately documents patient accounts of all actions taken.
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with all staff in order to resolve problems and increases knowledge of account management.
- Communicates with clinic management and staff regarding insurance carrier contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Informs management of billing concerns, backlogs, insurance issues, problem accounts and time available for additional tasks.
- Effectively communicates with a diverse population.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of experience in Medical Billing
- Working knowledge of insurance reimbursement, collection practices, and accounts receivables
- Working knowledge of claims processing for insurances both commercial and government carriers
- Employment at stable and growing company.
- Free parking.
- Educational Opportunities and Tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive salary and great benefits package.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!!