Since 1986 Wildlife Computers has been a leading innovator in electronic tagging technology for marine animal applications. Our devices integrate data-logging, Argos and GPS technology to aid the study of marine animals such as penguins, turtles, cetaceans and large fish. For more information, please visit our website at www.wildlifecomputers.com.
We have an immediate opening for a Molding/Casting Specialist II to join the team at our Redmond, WA location. As our new Molding/Casting Specialist II, you will be responsible for final assembly tasks such as painting and crimping, and the final encapsulation of complex instruments in epoxy and similar compounds, performs the casting processes to meet production schedules, maintenance of casting area equipment and supplies. If you are skilled at mechanical assembly, follow written and verbal directions, have basic math skills to calculate ratios, proportions, and volumes, can communicate effectively, and enjoy the challenge of meeting tight schedules, apply today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform final assembly tasks such as; potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, painting, crimping, color coding parts and assemblies.
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled with the correct items and accessories, such as attachment kits, tether kits, and urethane pieces.
- Schedule and perform the casting of molds, epoxy sub-components and tags to meet production delivery schedules.
- Daily tasks include removing cast items and performing necessary finish work (filing, polishing), cleaning and preparation of molds.
- Must follow “best practice” casting processes (per written or verbal instruction) for each type of mold.
- Identifying areas that need improvement and suggesting modifications to the process to increase efficiency and reliability.
- Manage casting area supplies.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Participate in company safety plan.
- Perform work on weekends and evening as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- High level of mechanical assembly skill with lots of manual dexterity.
- Good time management, including ability to juggle multiple priorities, prioritize tasks and efficiently work on multiple tasks concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Attention to detail skills a MUST.
- Ability to lift up-to 40 pounds.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Wildlife Computers offers a competitive salary with outstanding benefits such as fully paid medical and dental, 401(k), and 40 days of PTO/Holiday per year.
Applications are accepted using our online application process only. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!