Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have immediate openings for a full-time Clinical Support Nurse, LPN to join our professional nursing team in Puyallup and Federal Way. As our Clinical Support Nurse you will assist physicians with patient care and follow-up, providing direct and indirect patient care in a clinical setting and providing core functions of patient navigation.
- Interview patient to determine medical problem/condition and document in chart for physician
- Obtain and record patients’ vital signs and assist physicians with patient examination as needed
- Review physician’s orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient
- Administer specified medication, collect samples, and access central venous access device according to clinic policy
- Serve as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and Physician
- Ensure infusion clinic area is professionally maintained and maintain supplies
- Respond to patient telephone inquiries and triage with patient phone calls to identify emergent and non-emergent situations.
- Administer IV infusions as directed by Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Coordinate appointments with providers to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services
- Facilitate linkages to follow-up services.
- Current Washington State LPN License required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a clinical setting.
- Current BLS certification or recertification within one month of hire.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong telephone skills required.
- Experience using OncoEMR and Epic a plus.
- Employment at stable and growing company with career growth opportunities
- Free parking
- Educational Opportunities and Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-department training opportunities
- No weekends or Holidays shifts
- Competitive salary and great benefits package
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!!