Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our team in Tacoma. The Senior Accountant oversees department’s daily operations, manages accounting staff and utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills to assist Director of Finance in an advisory capacity.
Our ideal Senior Accountant will be a problem-solver who thinks critically and constructively in a fast-paced environment and is committed to the mission of NWMS.
- Financial Accounting - Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and underlying account analyses and reconciliations; determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits; monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reporting – Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings; assembles and distributes monthly statements and reports.
- Analyses – Provide timely and meaningful analyses demonstrating critical thinking.
- Cash Management – Tracks cash receipts and daily cash flow; monitors cash and bank activities; assures proper accounting of cash receipts.
- Payroll – Acts in advisory capacity for payroll processing; able to process payroll.
- Accounts Payable – Assures AP process is timely, efficient and effective; periodically audits/reviews AP details; audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Internal Controls - Prepares internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School degree (or equivalent) required
- 4+ years in general accounting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including proficiency in Excel
- Strong organization and detail orientation
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Employment at stable and growing company.
- Free parking.
- Competitive salary and great benefits package.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!!