Based in Woodinville, WA, SkoFlo Industries is a world leader in the design and manufacture of chemical injection valves for the offshore petroleum industry. We are seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join our innovative and accomplished team.
The Design Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of existing product lines, as well as actively supporting new product development. In this hands-on role, you will develop and optimize products through innovative designs and conducting detailed engineering analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new valve designs, from conception through to product release, utilizing three-dimensional CAD software.
- Product maintenance, including drawing updates, addressing non-conformance reports and production support.
- Provide design guidance and feedback to other personnel, construct and maintain Bills of Materials, assembly drawings, part prints and production procedures to support manufacturing.
- Optimize existing valve designs with respect to performance, manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Plan, implement and document the qualification of new valve designs.
- Perform stress calculations, tolerance stack-ups, flow and pressure drop studies.
- Write specifications, internal standards, design and qualification reports.
- Develop, maintain and enforce engineering standardization procedures such as drawing templates, engineering calculations, qualification test reports, etc.
- Utilize FMECA techniques, reliability studies, and lessons learned to develop and qualify robust designs.
- Define & specify custom and off the shelf components for new and existing product designs.
- Support production activities by designing test systems and trouble-shooting manufacturing issues.
- Interface with engineering, purchasing, sales and manufacturing; recommend improvements to production and test methods.
- Work with machine shops in-house and outsourced, regarding clarification of scope, quotes, manufacturability and priorities for projects.
- Other duties and various specialized projects as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (MSME preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with 3D CAD software (preferably Autodesk Inventor) and a good comprehension of ANSI Y14.5.
- 4+ years of experience of product support, addressing ECNs and NCRs and managing parts and assemblies within an ERP and quality management system.
- Knowledge / expertise in fluid mechanics; previous valve design experience a definite plus.
- Experience working in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple and continuously changing priorities, problem solver, detail oriented and
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2008 facility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 2 years of project management experience.
- Professional Engineer certification.
- Experience with Ansys FEA software.
- Experience with Epicor ERP software.
- Expertise in precision CNC machining (milling and turning) of exotic metals.
- Background in fluid dynamics and/or the oil and gas industry (preferably with experience of subsea products).
Applications are accepted using our online application process only.