As the largest provider of early intervention programs and services in Seattle, Boyer is recognized as one of the region’s premier resources for children with neuromuscular disorders or developmental delays. For over 75 years, our highly-skilled experts have provided thousands of families with support, guidance, and hope for a brighter future. Our work supports each child’s unique abilities, and helps every family become their child’s best advocate. Our staff are leaders in their professions, and work as a cohesive team to help ensure a seamless, coordinated and positive experience for every family.
For more information on Boyer Children's Clinic, please visit us at www.boyercc.org.
We are currently seeking a full-time Medical Billing Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a strong team focus with great organizational and interpersonal skills. We offer a warm team environment, competitive pay and benefits.
- Input weekly charges and payments for data processing
- Ensure insurance billing is performed weekly by Rev-Ignition (our outsourced medical billing service) and review statements and patient accounts
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Perform pre-authorizations, benefit verifications, and account set-ups
- Maintain journal of monthly credits and debits to client accounts
- Maintain an accounts receivable and aged trial balance with minimal balances that are over 90 days past due
- Adjust client accounts in concert and with approval from CFO and Executive Director as needed
- Correspond and communicate with Family Resources Coordinators and parents, insurances, and other billing agencies
- Identify if clients are eligible for Medicaid and notify their care team
- Other duties as needed
- Associate's degree (A.A) from a two-year college or two or more years of experience as a Lead Billing Clerk
- Experience billing Medicaid or MCOs
- Experience with various Insurance Portals
- Experience with Raintree or another EMR system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Non-profit experience is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.