The world of drones, autonomous vehicles and ROVs is growing and Gladiator Technologies is growing along with it.
Located in Snoqualmie, Washington, Gladiator Technologies Division of LKD Aerospace was founded in 2005 to design and manufacture high performance MEMS-based inertial sensors and systems to high-value air, land and sea applications. We have an immediate opening for a fulltime R & D Engineer – Inertial.
Design and develop inertial algorithms for use in the existing IMU, Gyroscopic, INS/GPS products. Support all inertial systems development including mathematical support for software developments, design and schematic review of sensor and microprocessor boards and related surface hardware equipment. Collaborate with mechanical engineering for system packaging and test engineering for calibration and testing of current and future products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the development and implementation of Extended Kalman filtering with RTK in the current INS/GPS products including the LMRK005, and LMRK60 products and future product developments.
- Provide support in the debugging and optimization of current inertial systems including the VG/GPS, GPSA, INS/GPS (w/fixed gain Kalman filtering) and the INS/GPS using the EKF modules.
- Provide analytical support for the development and commercialization of the inertial accelerometer projects.
- Work in close cooperation with senior scientific staff to ensure that the engineering projects and product development theoretical work is maintained for future systems development.
- Interact and mentor junior engineering staff to ensure effective development of their knowledge and expertise related to inertial systems development and testing.
- Assist in the specification and development of the hardware and software systems needed to provide an optimal test environment so that product developments are thorough and complete prior to the product commercialization.
- Support executive management in their pursuit of new technologies which lead the market segments we currently exploit including the aerospace, defense, space and transportation industries.
- MS or PhD in Inertial Engineering, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Transportation and Robotics or similar is strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and or Computer Science is also preferred.
- Skilled in project management with the ability to multi-task.
- Skilled in using MSOffice suite, MATLAB, OrCAD or Altium, LabVIEW, FEA or CFD software (ANSYS or similar) and familiarity with Solidworks is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles, DFM, DOE and TQ systems is required.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to work well in a highly motivated team environment.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability and interest in mentoring and facilitating the learning and experience of junior engineers is very important.
Gladiator Technologies offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional, collaborative, and positive team-oriented work environment in a rapidly growing organization. We value performance and commitment to quality in our workforce and encourage all high performance qualified candidates to apply.
LKD Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace