We are looking for an experienced Real Estate Portfolio Manager to join our team in Denver, CO. The Real Estate Portfolio Manager works for a portfolio of properties and has overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining relationships with clients as well as leading staff responsible for the management, financial analysis, budgeting and tenant relationships/retention of the specific properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage team(s) of property managers and engineers including coordinating the hiring process and selecting new staff; ensure that training programs are established and implemented; provide guidance and motivation; conduct performance evaluations and performance counseling.
- Negotiate and administer management contracts between Company and clients.
- Review annual operating and capital budgets and CAM reconciliations prior to submitting to client.
- Identify ways to improve processes and team efficiencies as appropriate.
- Analyze legal implications of issues that arise, and make recommendations and/or decisions to safeguard against liabilities and protect the property, its owners and occupants.
- Review financial analysis for properties, including analyzing financial aspects of leases and tenant financial statements and property economics; if requested by client, review financial models for the annual business plan; update and review financial models at least quarterly to determine if any value changes have taken place and to assure an accurate model at all times.
- Conduct final review of the budget for assigned properties, including the annual operating and capital budgets; review the accuracy of budget input into the accounting system; review progress against the operating and capital budgets on a monthly basis and re-project as necessary.
- Ensure the accurate financial reporting and fiscal control of assigned properties, including preparing monthly and quarterly reporting packages and reviewing and approving monthly and quarterly operating reports; control property operating and management office expenses within budget; advise upper management on a timely basis when expense projections may vary significantly from original budget or if major delinquency problems occur.
- Manage the leasing of properties by maintaining relations with brokerage community and evaluating the productivity and resourcefulness of leasing brokers; set and review leasing guidelines; prepare and approve leasing proposals and documents prior to execution; understand and negotiate standard lease agreements.
- Manage marketing of properties by developing and directing annual marketing plans.
- Support the marketing and leasing of the property by interacting with the brokerage community, leading property tours and implementing the annual marketing plan.
- Analyze financial aspects of proposed leases, tenant financial statements and property economics; prepare leasing proposals for Investment Director’s approval; negotiate lease agreements with input from counsel and Investment Director.
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of all tenant marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required with focus on Business, Finance or Real Estate, Required. MBA, highly preferred.
- 8-10 years of asset management experience in commercial real estate or a related field.
- Completion of Building and Owner Management Association (BOMA) courses or similar preferred.
- Real estate license (or willingness to promptly obtain one) required.
- Ability to lead a team and manage people and resources effectively.
- Knowledge of real estate law and ability to read and interpret contracts and agreements accurately.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- High level communication skills, including the ability to negotiate, to explain complex concepts and issues, and to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks and to reprioritize work on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficient use of basic office machines and computer software, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; ability to use Argus or other financial modeling software is helpful.
- Strong lease negotiations experience may be required.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
About Schnitzer West:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West. Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets. Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets and currently manage 3.6 million square feet of commercial office with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER