Schnitzer West is seeking a Real Estate Manager to join our team in Denver, CO! The Real Estate Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the property, including participating in employee staffing and training, tenant relations, building operations, reporting, marketing and leasing support, and accounts receivable and payable. This role will also prepare and manage the budget, prepare the monthly reporting, and is responsible for supporting the project’s financial objectives.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven record of excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to handle conflict and use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations. We are looking for a strong leader who can effectively manage people and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of tenant-retention activities, including conducting tenant surveys, reviewing results and recommending action items as necessary.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all tenant move-in/move-out checklist items.
- Coordinate with and assist the Investment Portfolio Manager with oversight of capital and tenant improvements and communicate with tenants and coordinate logistics with the general contractor. Responsible for preparing recommendations and obtaining approval for all capital and tenant improvement work.
- Work with tenants to resolve escalated complaints and major issues. Work with management staff and Building Engineer staff to assure that all tenant complaints/requests are handled professionally and in a timely manner.
- Prepare and implement the annual budget and annual business plan as directed by the Investment Portfolio Manager; prepare financial/forecasting models for business plan and maintain financial models. Review and oversee the regular maintenance of the budget and the regular monthly reforecast updates to the financial models.
- Oversee Real Estate Coordinator and/or Real Estate Accountant in tenant collections. Direct and review the preparation of Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations and ensure compliance with leases.
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly reports as directed by the Investment Portfolio Manager, including the leasing/marketing update and variance analysis.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain key dates and processes for real estate taxes, letters of credit, property receivables, payment of insurance, property inspections, preventative maintenance programs, and disaster contingency programs.
- Manage daily building operations, directing operations staff in the accomplishments of tasks; oversee all vendor contracts, coordinate with Building Engineers to assign daily tasks, conduct formal building inspections with team, including Building Engineers to plan and prioritize repairs and maintenance.
- Assist the Investment Portfolio Manager, with the selection, training, coaching and development of employees. Responsible for team development.
- Responsible for tracking the total square footage of the portfolio and preparation and maintenance of the marketing infrastructure, including rent rolls, space plans, templates, and marketing materials pursuant to documented process. Responsible for the preparation of marketable spaces.
- Support the marketing and leasing of the property as may be required.
- Collaborate with supervisor, or team, with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, finance or real estate. A master’s degree in business (MBA) is highly desirable.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a progressively responsible, related position.
- Completion of Building and Owner Management Association (BOMA) courses or similar preferred.
- Real estate license (or willingness to promptly obtain one) required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; experience with JD Edwards accounting software preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of basic accounting, including the ability to use budgeting and financial forecasting tools.
- Great team-building skills, specifically in training and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Project-management skills, ability to read and interpret contracts and agreements.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks and to reprioritize work on a regular basis.
- A pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
About Schnitzer West:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West. Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets. Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets and currently manage 3.6 million square feet of commercial office with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER