Schnitzer West is seeking a Building Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO .The Building Engineer, directed by a Lead Engineer, will be responsible for maintenance and repair of all major building systems, including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, security and plumbing, as well as proper operation of the energy management systems. This position will also support the preventive maintenance and will respond to tenant requests for maintenance or repair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform or coordinate with outside vendors to perform maintenance or repair of all building systems including working on: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and energy management systems.
- Respond to and handle service requests from tenants in conjunction with company work order system.
- Handle fire, life and safety issues, which include monitoring safety compliance; testing and maintenance of alarms and sprinklers; maintenance and repair of control and key systems.
- Review and actively participate in contract management. May be tasked with writing job specifications and developing bid packages; analyze contractors, contract compliance, contracts, costs and insurance.
- Research broken equipment to order replacement parts; repair broken equipment throughout the building.
- Work with the day porter as needed and oversee response to janitorial issues or problems.
- Handle issues related to buildings: punch list, warranty issues, new tenant training and problem solving, new contract facilitation.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Assist in refurbishment of vacant space.
- Ensure safe conditions around buildings during inclement weather.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; a minimum of two years vocational training specializing in HVAC or a similar program preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in building maintenance and engineering.
- Knowledge of all building systems, including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, security and energy management systems; advanced HVAC skills preferred.
- Certificates in plumbing, mechanical, electrical and boiler or completion of certified training programs is also desirable.
- Factory training in one or more energy management systems desirable.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools appropriately.
- Strong communication skills, good customer service and interpersonal skills, and creativity to problem solve.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to deal with interruptions and to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation and to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Working knowledge of basic office machines and computer software (Windows, Outlook).
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
- Must be able to work on-call after business hours.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, employee assistance program, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, and PTO.
About Schnitzer West:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West. Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets. Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets and currently manage 3.6 million square feet of commercial office with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER