Auction Edge is the leading provider of technology and services to independent automotive auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. Please visit https://www.auctionedge.com to learn more about our company. Are you looking to work in a small team with big exposure to multiple projects, departments, and opportunities? Apply today!
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Spokane, Washington, Statesville, North Carolina or Pensacola, Florida. This position will help support current projects, and help design and develop infrastructure and operations tasks for new web applications and APIs. This role will also be responsible for the deployment and infrastructure configuration for full stack applications.
We are looking for someone who will emphasize teamwork, demonstrate the ability to efficiently handle a variety of tasks, and is self-motivated.
- Describe and deploy infrastructure as code using Terraform, Puppet, Hiera, Ansible, Vagrant, etc.
- Monitor, update, and secure Linux and Windows (virtual) servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Build AWS infrastructure utilizing EC2 instances, security groups, ELBs, S3, RDS, Route 53, Amazon MQ, IAM, CloudWatch, Lambda, etc.
- Configure and maintain operational services (Sumo Logic, Opsview (Nagios), Graphite, Metricly, etc).
- Orchestrates deployment of apps and microservices across groups of servers.
- Help navigate the tricky waters of continuous deployment using Jenkins build pipelines and database migrations to strive for zero downtime deployments.
- Build scalable, available, and performant web applications using Ruby, Rails, Python, Perl, Java, Node.js, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, Vault, Consul, and supporting technologies.
- Work throughout the full infrastructure, including design, architecture, communication, monitoring, high availability, scaling, failover and recovery.
- Support design and development of back-end infrastructure; participate in peer code reviews and pair programming.
- Familiar with standard software design principles, design patterns, debugging and testing.
- Comfortable with common development tools (Git, Vim, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Maven, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in software related field or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience with configuration management tools and Cloud/virtualization.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot network and computer issues.
- Desire to work in a collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere.
- System administration background preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile/SCRUM projects highly desired.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with a geographically-dispersed team.
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.