Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi is seeking accomplished and ambitious Sushi Cooks/Prep Cooks for our contemporary steak and sushi restaurant on the 31st floor of Lincoln Tower South in Bellevue, WA. In this upscale environment, specializing in Prime Steaks and Global Seafood, you will be surrounded by first-class team members and have opportunities for upward growth.
As a Sushi Cook/Prep Cook, you will be responsible for preparing food and meals in accordance with planned menus, recipes, established portion control procedures, and established cleanliness standards.
What we offer:
- Professional, friendly, and supportive work environment where you are celebrated and valued as an integral part of our team and success.
- Complementary employee meals.
- Health insurance (medical, vision, and dental).
- Competitive pay and incentives!
- A desire to learn, grow, and a passion to progress in this career.
- 2+ years of fine experience in sushi.
- Must have knives and other small hand tools as part of uniform, including Maki-su.
- Knowledge of proper techniques for making stock, sauces, sautéing, grilling, poaching, and plating.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid Washington State Food Handler Card.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Set up kitchen for operation.
- Prepare food orders for guests using prescribed recipes and standards.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Abide by proper cooling and storing practices per Washington State Department of Health rules and regulations.
- Participate in all levels of clean up.
- Uphold Chef’s food quality expectations with daily tastings.
- Ensure each guest has a pleasant and memorable dining experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are a detail-oriented team player who is passionate about preparing high-quality food, we welcome your application. For immediate consideration, please apply online with your cover letter and resume.