Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi is seeking wine expert with a deep understanding of wine making, grape varietals and wine region to be a floor Sommelier for our contemporary steak and sushi restaurant on the 31st floor of Lincoln Tower South in Bellevue, WA. In this upscale environment, specializing in Prime Steaks and Global Seafood, you will be surrounded by first-class team members and have opportunities for upward growth.
What we offer:
- Professional, friendly, and supportive work environment where you are celebrated and valued as an integral part of our team and success.
- Complementary employee meals.
- Health insurance (medical, vision, and dental).
- Competitive pay and incentives!
- A desire to learn, grow, and a passion to progress in this career.
- CMS certified or WSET equivalent preferred.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Related training or course work with culinary focus strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer relations, sales and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid Health Card and Washington State Alcohol Awareness Card.
- Availability to work weekends and holidays.
- Represents the company in a professional and exemplary manner and promote the success of the restaurant to guests, staff and any other parties.
- Oversees the wine service and ensures staff are engaging guests in a manner congruent with brand standards.
- Trains and certifies employees on their wine knowledge in accordance with company standards.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of the food and beverage offerings including ingredients, allergens, dietary limitations, any daily specials and the restaurant concepts overview.
- Ensure each guest has a pleasant and memorable dining experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are a customer service-oriented team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we welcome your application. For immediate consideration, please apply online with your cover letter and resume.