Headquartered in Bellevue, WA, Schnitzer West is looking for a Lead Building Engineer at our North Creek property in Bothell. Our Lead Building Engineer will be responsible for day to day maintenance and repair of all major building systems, including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, security and plumbing, as well as proper operation of the energy management systems for commercial buildings. This position my also support the management of vendor contracts and supervise the workflow of the maintenance team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confirm that all building systems are operating properly.
- Manage/perform preventative maintenance of all building systems (coordinate with vendors as appropriate), including filter changes for air handling units, cooling tower/condensing unit chemicals, water treatment for fountains.
- When necessary, contract out work by writing the job scope, developing the bid package, selecting vendors and reviewing contracts.
- Prepare schedule of daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks using work order system.
- Respond to tenant requests for maintenance or repair, including working on HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and energy management systems.
- Handle fire, life, and safety issues, which includes coordinating with fire and police department personnel.
- Directly supervise the building engineer(s) and the day porter(s) for each building.
- Review and actively participate in contract management.
- Maintain written/electronic database and produce reports with information regarding items such as building, equipment, variances, security, energy management, work in progress, vendor information, purchase orders, etc.
- Process/authorize invoices for payment as necessary.
- Participates on management team with regard to budgeting and operational planning.
- Needs to be on-call after hours.
- Coordinate and manage vendors handling security, parking garage, elevators, fire life safety, HVAC and landscaping services as they apply.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Assist with building construction or tenant improvement closeout and commissioning, including punch list and warranty tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, vocational training is preferred.
- 07 Electrical Certification required.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Building Engineer or equivalent position.
- General knowledge of building systems; vocational training preferred.
- Ability to effectively supervise and mentor staff.
- Functional understanding of mechanical and electrical systems with a desire to learn more.
- Understanding of building expense budgeting and variance reporting.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools appropriately.
- Strong communication skills, good customer service and interpersonal skills, and creativity to problem solve.
- Ability to deal with interruptions and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation and to work cooperatively with other staff.
- Working knowledge of basic office machines and computer software (Word and Outlook).
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
- Must be able to work on-call after business hours.
About Schnitzer West:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West. Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets. Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets and currently manage 3.6 million square feet of commercial office with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER