Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Medical Lab Technician (MLT) to join our professional team in Tacoma, WA. As our Medical Lab Technician, you will perform clinical analysis, specimen processing, QC monitoring and working with computer systems to provide accurate reliable testing for the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Our ideal candidate will have a knowledge of human anatomy, master technical and communication skills with people of all ages, know laboratory safety rules, and adhere to all CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements.
Shift: Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of phlebotomy procedures and/or designated laboratory testing as assigned while assuring the QC data generated is documented according to standard operating procedures.
- Remain knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and protocols which are essential to the timeliness of results reported while assuring that productivity is adequate to meet the demands of the laboratory's workload.
- Manage all patient service interactions with diplomacy, actively facilitating resolutions to problems and addressing the needs of all clients both internal and external.
- Perform all testing in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures while adhering to regulatory mandates.
- Assist with training as assigned by supervisory staff.
- Rotate stock supplies and keeps inventory.
- Participate in CE activities and performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs phebotomy duties as needed.
- Associates degree from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program plus certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or Clinical Laboratory Technician (NCA). Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological a plus!
- Minimum of one year of MLT and phlebotomy experience.
- MA-P WA Certification, or wilingless and ability to obtain upon hire (we pay for it).
- Considerable knowledge of laboratory practices and related laws and regulations is a must.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with electronic health records and orchards is a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for an extended.
- Employment at stable and growing company.
- Free parking.
- Educational Opportunities and Tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive salary and great benefits package.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!