Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patients access to cutting-edge treatment.
We have an immediate opening for a Laboratory Supervisor at our Tacoma location. The Laboratory Supervisor organizes and directs the daily activities of the laboratory. They will be responsible for supervising laboratory personnel, conducting and overseeing quality assurance and quality control. The Laboratory Supervisor also performs analysis and interpretation of laboratory results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and training for all laboratory employees.
- Perform biological, chemical, and microscopic tests to provide data for use in treatment and diagnosis of disease.
- Establish and improve processes and procedures.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modify manuals as needed.
- Train and/or supervise training of other lab staff.
- Conduct competency assessments of lab staff.
- Improve efficiencies and work closely with team members to provide effective solutions to support quality and business objectives.
- Utilize proven employee solutions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Control costs by monitoring personnel utilization and material usage.
- Direct and implement effective risk control processes.
- Support and participate in QA programs to ensure internal and external regulatory compliance.
- Assist with workload distributions and scheduling
- Supervise purchase of supplies and maintain equipment inventory.
- Assist with evaluations of staff performance.
- Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or health science equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of general medical laboratory experience with at least 3 years in leadership roles
- Washington State MA-P certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Medical Technologist (MT) ASCP or equivalent is required. Must meet CLIA requirements
- Considerable knowledge of laboratory practices and related laws and regulations
- Excellent organization and communication skills with high attention to detail
- Strong planning and project management skills, with the ability to set goals and prioritize/manage multiple projects and tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Employment at a stable and growing company with career growth opportunities
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- No weekend or holiday shifts
- Free parking
- Competitive salary and great benefits package