Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. With 230 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more, visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team in Spokane, WA. Responsibilities include system development, analysis, and support for the auto auction application systems that stretch across all layers and operating environments.
A successful candidate will be able to achieve the right solution scope within the greater organizational goals while balancing available time and resources.
- Participate in planning meetings, help team create well-written stories and consider customer risks when prioritizing
- Build code that is well-written according to team development guidelines and software best practices
- Take high-level descriptions of the desired technical solution and provide functional end results with little supervisory direction
- Communicate and collaborate with team members across geographical, technical, and functional boundaries
- Willing and eager to be part of the solution to a problem. Taking the strategic plans and making the tactical implementations happen in code
- Work closely with QA staff
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science
- 5 years of Java development experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and ability to work across various teams
- Knowledge of unit, integration, and user acceptance testing practices and concepts
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment concepts and practices
- Familiar with code versioning tools (such as Git or SVN)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Willing and motivated to work in a collaborative team environment where pair programming, TDD, and clean code are the norm
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
- Ability to lead more junior developers
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience developing on, and for, UNIX-like (OS X, Linux) and Windows operating systems
- Understands Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, DB2): queries and and stored procedure programming
- Ability to access and update database via JDBC, JPA, Hibernate or other technologies
- Ability to create and consume XML / JSON
- Ability to send and receive data via various network protocols (HTTP, JMS, etc.)
- Familiarity with JAVA IDE's like Eclipse or Intellij
- Knowledge of the following a plus (Jenkins, Docker, Maven, cloud computing (AWS))
- Experience delivering solutions to the auto auction industry
- Experience with concepts of functional programming
Auction Edge offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth. Relocation assistance is not offered.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.