Headquartered in Seattle, AGC of Washington is the premier professional association of contractors in the State, committed to enhancing the performance of our more than 600 members, representing their interests and building a better climate for construction. AGC supports the education, safety and commerce of the commercial construction industry.
Our team is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our small, tight-knit team on Westlake. This position will support the accounting team by providing support through full-cycle accounting processes including A/R, A/P, reporting and reconciliation. Ideal candidates will be team oriented, but able to work independently, with high attention to detail, and strong customer service skills.
This is a full time position working 35-40 hours per week. AGC offers outstanding benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, PTO and an ORCA card or free onsite parking.
- Prepare accounts receivable transaction batches and exports / posts batches to SAGE 100 general ledger.
- Accounts payable functions: vendor file maintenance, liaison with vendors, expedites association payments, performs monthly AP aging, W-9 and year end 1099 processing.
- Verifies accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents using standard 10-key calculator.
- Investigates questionable entries and initiates or takes corrective measures.
- Posts details of business transactions, such as invoices payable, expense vouchers, disbursements, journal entries, general ledger transaction notes and others in the computerized accounting system (SAGE 100).
- Handles monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and cash register.
- Works with vendors in person and on phone to resolve problems.
- Responsible for subsidiary accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts.
- Participate in year-end closing of books and annual audit.
- Post data to various ledgers, registers, journals, and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures.
- Monitor cash flow and enter daily updates to the check register.
- Conduct monthly expense allocation on commission, postage, and other expenses.
- Reconcile G/L cash accounts and ensure accurate postings.
- Assist with filing of quarterly tax returns and annual personal property tax returns.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Associate's degree in Accounting required.
- 5-7 years progressive experience in full-cycle accounting or related experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, with advanced Excel skills. Experience with accounting programs – SAGE 100 highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be responsible, have strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to work with little supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer