Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Preschool Education Supervisor to join our team! This position will provide leadership and management support to ensure a high quality preschool experience.
- Supervise and assist the center staff to ensure a high quality preschool experience.
- Assist education staff in the identification of resources to support professional development needs, including training, activities, and community services.
- Create professional development goals with teaching staff based upon data and monitoring.
- Ensure the center meets or exceeds all licensing requirements and maintains staff files to meet licensing requirements.
- Establish and maintain work schedules to provide full coverage of classrooms during breaks or absences that meet program standards, licensing, and labor laws.
- Review all Child Master files and COPA to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Supervise and approve the use of site classroom budgets, insuring that all items are consistent with program philosophy and policies.
- Provide coverage in classroom as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience needed.
- Bilingual in English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, or Vietnamese) preferred.
- Previous experience working with families and preschool age children is desired.
- Experience with a Head Start program is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and work across sites as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability articulate ideas and opinions in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner to families, children, and staff.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
If your work experience and interests fit the requirements outlined above, please submit a resume and cover letter in a single document today!