Since 1978, the Denise Louie Education Center has provided high-quality multicultural early learning and family support services to insure that Seattle kids will be ready to succeed in school and life. We believe that children from low-income families deserve to grow up in high-quality learning environments and we strive to close the “opportunity gap” so that all children can enter kindergarten ready to be successful.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Enrollment/ERSEA Coordinator to join our team! This position will be responsible for outreach and recruitment efforts for our program, and will assist with the application, registration, placement, and withdrawal processes.
- Manage all applications for eligibility.
- Create an active, ongoing process to inform, recruit, support, and facilitate the DLEC enrollment process for children and their families.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with community agencies for referrals for potential children and their families.
- Verify the eligibility of applicants; including income and age eligibility.
- Monitor child/family status, ensure processes and information concerning withdrawals are followed.
- Develop, maintain, and revise policies, procedures and work plans.
- Work with EHS/HS staff to organize, facilitate and participate in special community events to support recruitment.
- Assist in gathering and submitting information needed to complete the yearly audit and other DLEC/EHS/HS reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, preferred.
- Skilled in Excel and data processing proficiencies including MS Word, Publisher, and other applications.
- Prior experience in working with diverse population.
- Bilingual in English and another language (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, or Vietnamese) preferred.
- Prior experience with income verification and benefits verification is desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
If your work experience and interests fit the requirements outlined above, please submit a resume and cover letter today!