We are currently searching for an experienced professional to be our new Kitchen Manager at our Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Ques in Layton or Midvale, UT.
As a leader of our brand, the Kitchen Manager is responsible for back of house operations. They will work to optimize restaurant profitability by efficiently managing resources such as food inventory and staff. They will train kitchen associates while modeling and encouraging teamwork between front of house and back of house staff.
Staffing & Employee Development
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times, adhering to standards laid out in the Company’s Code of Ethics policy.
- Complete utilization of the Schoox learning management system platform.
- Conduct regular one-on-one informal feedback and address performance concerns on an on-going basis.
- Hire, train, motivate and retain employees who value guest service and are committed to high standards of performance.
- Utilize established methods for interviewing and reference checks using tools provided by the support office.
- Ensure the restaurant is audit ready at all times, in compliance with all state, federal and local laws.
Food Preparation & Production
- Ensure that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in a Famous manner. Utilize food production and inventory tools available to support this responsibility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures.
- Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Monitor completed food orders to ensure taste, temperature and presentation are correct and that items are not over or under produced. Conduct Line Checks and Rib Checks in accordance with established procedure.
- Inspect facilities, equipment or supplies to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Create work plans and staffing schedules for cooks and dishwashers.
- Purchase food products within established guidelines. Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent. Course work in restaurant management preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in kitchen operations required.
- Knowledge of Labor Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security systems and procedures, computer operations.
- Familiarity with software such as Word, Excel. Prior experience with Aloha and/or C2UIT preferred.
- Customer service orientation, quality focus, and decision making skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Robust communication skills, and have the ability to listen attentively to guests and team members.