Manager – Permitting – Licensing - Compliance
Recognized as one of the most progressive utilities in Alaska, Alaska Power & Telephone (www.aptalaska.com) currently provides service to communities located above the Arctic Circle, deep in the Wrangell Mountains and throughout the islands of Southeast Alaska.
We have a full time opening in our Engineering Department for a Manager of Permitting, Licensing, and Compliance. We are open to various home-base locations but prefer someone in Juneau. Our ideal candidate should have a positive can‐do attitude, ability to innovate, adapt and a willingness to learn as our company grows.
The primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare compliance filings with FERC for our existing hydroelectric facilities.
- Submit permit applications for new projects or those under construction with FERC, Alaska DNR, Army Corp. of Engineers, Alaska DOT, Alaska DEC and other agencies as needed. The filings would include right-of-way, easements and other permits needed for either energy or telecom business lines.
- Prepare all DEC Air Quality reporting as required by statute or administrative code.
- Lead and / or participate in the preparation of grants from various agencies in both the Federal and State government.
- Submit all USFS required reports, plans as forms as needed to acquire and maintain permits for energy and telecom facilities.
- Manage leases and land rights for all divisions of AP&T.
Candidate Qualifications Required
- High School Diploma or GED- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required.
- At a minimum 3 years’ experience working with State and Federal agencies to prepare applications for permits, easements, leases, and federal licenses.
- Ability to conduct research for environmental analysis and other informational needs a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to be insured by AP&T.
- The ability to travel less than one week per month.
- Ability to read/interpret USGS Topography Maps, conduct research for permitting/licensing, write environmental assessments or environmental impact statements and permit/license applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suites and AutoCAD.
- Communication skills, including interacting with the public as well as state and federal agencies in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing, multitasking, and working with others as well as independently.
AP&T is a small employee & investor owned, non-union utility. We offer competitive wages and an attractive compensation and benefits package. If you are self-motivated and want to work for a stable company, please apply today! There is no relocation benefit for this position. Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace