Since 1892, Jewish Family Service has been an outstretched, helping hand in our local Puget Sound community. Essential services are delivered with compassion and respect to offer vulnerable people in our region the tools they need to build healthier, more stable lives. For more information about JFS, please visit www.jfsseattle.org.
We are currently seeking an Economic Integration Manager to join our team in Kent. As a part of the RIS Management Team, the Economic Integration Manager ensures that core programs are “bundled” and coordinated to improve the economic integration outcomes and enhance the financial well-being of our refugee caseload. This position is community facing, interacting with clients, donors and community partners.
A successful candidate will be hands-on, flexible, and able to understand the employment market, as well as the unique barriers and challenges that low-income, refugee and immigrant communities face. A people-person, our ideal candidate will possess excellent networking and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the design, development, implementation, management, reporting and evaluation of employment programming, including conducting needs assessments, developing program plans to ensure programs meet the objective of increasing the financial knowledge, income and assets of refugees and other eligible populations.
- Supervises and supports team of employment case managers.
- Connects with and develops workforce development partnerships around the Puget Sound to facilitate skills development and to help refugees on a pathway to new and sustainable careers.
- Ensure clients understand how to access financial information, connect to safe and affordable financial products and services, build savings and wealth, and protect themselves in the financial marketplace.
- Develops and maintains knowledge on current poverty intervention strategies, policies and practices; financial literacy programs and other trainings; tax and other benefits available to refugees; and other financial tools and services that enable families to build wealth and move toward long-term financial wellness.
- Overseas and builds the capacity of both RIS offices to participate in financial education.
- Serves as liaison with government contractors, resettlement partners and other stakeholders for employment programs, and on issues related to refugee economic self-sufficiency.
- Provides direct service and/or case management to clients as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in social work, community development or a related field preferred or an acceptable combination of experience and education.
- 3+ years of work experience with refugee and immigrant populations, with focus in economic development, employment, and/or integration programs.
- Experience working with and advocating for low-income communities and people from diverse cultural backgrounds and strong cultural competency and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Knowledge of successful or innovative programs and policies related to financial opportunity in the U.S.
- 3+ years of experience in supervising a diverse team.
- General knowledge of U.S. refugee resettlement program strongly preferred.
- Excellent research, analytical, computer and public speaking skills.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, insurance and reliable access to personal vehicle for required travel around the Seattle area once per week.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single document!
Mission: JFS helps vulnerable individuals and families in the Puget Sound region achieve well-being, health and stability.
Approach: Jewish history and values guide our work; therefore, we provide effective services to people of all backgrounds and also have a responsibility to meet the particular needs of Jewish individuals and families in the region.
Values: Client-Centered | Integrity | Learning Community | Quality | Trust & Respect
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.