Recognized as one of the most progressive utilities in Alaska, Alaska Power & Telephone (www.aptalaska.com) currently provides service to communities located above the Arctic Circle, deep in the Wrangell Mountains and throughout the islands of Southeast Alaska.
We have a full time opening for an Administrative Assistant in Ketchikan, Alaska. The Administrative Assistant will provide a variety of administrative support the General Manager and staff.
Candidates must be available to work 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of administrative and clerical support
- Answer the phones and provide excellent customer service
- Maintain leases, contracts, and agreements
- Prepare annual USFS reports
- Receive, distribute, and maintain circuit order database information
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reservations for meetings, training, and other functions
- Set up customer accounts, update pricing schedules and apply payments
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate Qualifications Required
- 1+ year(s) of administrative/office support experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or 5+ years of administrative/office support experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Time management skills and proven ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline oriented and fast paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite/10-key skills
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service orientation and the ability to deliver tangible results
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured by AP&T
- Ability to obtain Notary license, First Aid card, and CPR card upon hire
- Pre-employment background check and drug test required
- Proven ability to cope with Alaska’s harsh weather & challenging environment
- 5+ years of contract experience a plus
- More than 1 year of cash balancing and account collections experience preferred
AP&T is a small employee & investor owned, non-union utility. We offer competitive wages and an attractive compensation and benefits package. If you are self-motivated and want to work for a stable company, please apply today! There is no relocation benefit for this position. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Applications are only accepted online. Applications must be submitted by 5pm (AKDT) on Friday, July 20th, 2018.
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace