We are currently searching for an experienced professional to be our new General Manager at our Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que in Tacoma.
As a leader of our brand, the Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the customer and team member experience while supporting operational and financial excellence in our restaurants. Being a General Manager is a wonderful opportunity if you are someone who has a passion for development, training and retention, team performance, and problem solving for effective cost controls.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures.
- Ensure established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Monitor completed food product to ensure taste, temperature and presentation are correct and that items are not over or under produced.
- Respond to Guest comments and criticism in a constructive and positive manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build Guest count.
- Educate and empower subordinate managers and Associates to act in a similar capacity.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times, adhering to standards laid out in the Company’s Code of Ethics policy.
- Conduct regular Associate/departmental meetings, utilizing tools provided by the support office.
- Administer counseling and discipline to Associates as necessary.
- Staff restaurant with quality employees who value guest service and are committed to high standards of performance.
- Provide training and recognition to employees at all levels and maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Responsible for participation in forecasting and generating restaurant annual budget.
- Analyze monthly operating statements and determine reasons for variances.
- Responsible for restaurant P&L performance.
- Ensure all reports, documentation, and other information required by support office departments are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent. Course work in restaurant management preferred.
- 3 plus years of professional experience in restaurant management required.
- Knowledge of Labor Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security systems and procedures, computer operations.
- Familiarity with Aloha and/or C2UIT preferred.
- Customer service orientation, quality focus, and decision making skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Robust communication skills, and have the ability to listen attentively to guests and team members.
For immediate consideration, please apply online with your cover letter and resume today!