Mullally Development Company has an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Community Manager at our largest community in North Seattle. This position is responsible for assisting the General Management Team (General Manager and Maintenance Supervisor) in the operations of our 551 unit community. If you are an experienced, focused team player, looking for your next growth opportunity with a family owned, stable company, please apply today!
Our ideal candidate will be an individual with high integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent organization skills!
MDC offers an excellent benefits and compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), vacations, and holidays.
- Addresses customer concerns, complaints and requests promptly.
- Meets with GM at least daily to report issues or concerns regarding customers, office staff and property.
- Meets with office staff daily to discuss pending projects, rentals, applications and ongoing tenant issues.
- Conducts sales tours with prospective customers and explains services, quotes prices and terms.
- Ensures collection of rents by the 6th of each month; 3 or 5 day pay or quits.
- Prepares and submits Delinquency Report by the 10th of each month; recommends accounts for eviction.
- Assists with tenant evictions (including appearing in court) against residents in default of their leases agreements and/or community code.
- Posts all necessary notices.
- Maintains weekly traffic report forms and completes summary.
- Implements leasing policies and procedures; recommends changes to GM and Owner/Property Manager.
- Prepares reports on status of properties such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- 3+ years of experience in the industry or related field. Leasing experience is required.
- Well rounded apartment management experience desired. Other management experience will be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of Fair Housing, ADA, and Landlord Tenant Act. Basic knowledge of HUD.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Excellent negotiating, closing and customer service skills.
- Valid Washington Driver’s license.