Since 1892, Jewish Family Service has been an outstretched, helping hand in our local Puget Sound community. Essential services are delivered with compassion and respect to offer vulnerable people in our region the tools they need to build healthier, more stable lives. For more information about JFS, please visit www.jfsseattle.org.
We are currently seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Director of Data Services. This central role in our organization will be responsible for facilitating the design, maintenance and use of major agency databases.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for transforming the availability, quality and effectiveness of data. They will work closely with numerous department directors to provide strategic guidance for fundraising, outreach and client services at Jewish Family Service.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for meeting the data management needs of the agency.
- Oversees and directs the operation and maintenance of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge donor database and Salesforce’s client database.
- Works with the Director of Strategy, Data & Performance and program directors to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and security of client data for the purposes of reporting and improving services to clients.
- Works with the Chief Development Officer and the development team on coding and reporting for purposes of setting and tracking development goals, maximizing donor revenue and creating market segmentation, solicitation lists and mailings.
- Works with the Director of Marketing & Communications and the marketing team to ensure all agency communications promote an excellent constituent experience, including recommending strategies for market segmentation and list development and optimization.
- Monitors, evaluates and oversees the workflow and performance of all data support services. Designs and automates improvements to database functionality and efficiency.
- Develops custom reports, dashboards, screens and forms, and supervises these duties when delegated to appropriate staff.
- Analyzes reports and other agency data in coordination with department heads.
- Designs and monitors event registration systems. Works closely with the Director of Special Events on annual fundraising Luncheon, including day-of-event support.
- Oversees and manages all agency staff training on the Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce databases.
- Directly assists with or delegates troubleshooting for agency staff.
- Collaborates with the IT team and Security Officer to ensure database compliance with HIPAA and agency standards.
- Supervises the Database Administrator and the Database Specialist.
- 5+ years of experience working with CRM database systems, preferably with Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Skilled at requirements gathering for developing solutions that meet system requirements and agency goals.
- BA/BS degree preferred or an acceptable combination of experience and education.
- Ability to learn new systems and technology quickly and train non-technical personnel on database systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail, specifically regarding data entry and data integrity.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment and work with diverse and collaborative teams.
- A mission-driven desire to work in a human services environment, strong commitment to teamwork and a customer service orientation.
- Experience with not-for-profit agencies is a plus.
- Familiarity with data visualization and previous experience working with a fundraising team preferred.
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter in a single document today!
Mission: JFS helps vulnerable individuals and families in the Puget Sound region achieve well-being, health and stability.
Approach: Jewish history and values guide our work; therefore, we provide effective services to people of all backgrounds and also have a responsibility to meet the particular needs of Jewish individuals and families in the region.
Values: Client-Centered | Integrity | Learning Community | Quality | Trust & Respect
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets