Austin HR is looking for a Benefits Specialist to join our team. Since 2011, Austin HR has provided HR support to scaling and rapidly growing companies as well as those with fractional HR needs. Our goal is to create a reassuring experience for our clients, which adds significant value to their operations and positively impacts their bottom line. We strive to deliver superior service cost-effectively.
What You Will Do
- Work with multiple clients simultaneously, acting as their employee benefits consultant. Activities include daily, monthly, and yearly activities such as processing new hire enrollments, terminations, qualifying events changes, COBRA notices, resolving employee benefits issues and questions, reconciling monthly carrier invoices, and annual reporting such as ACA compliance
- Utilize knowledge of benefit plans, including H.S.A., F.S.A., 401K, medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and ADD/Life, with various insurance carriers to advise the client
- Assist the clients with open enrollment for their employees; selection of plans, build channels for employees to elect plans, develop communication campaigns to inform employees, and then update the HRIS/Payroll employee selections
What You Need to Succeed
- Customer-centric with the ability to deal with some level of ambiguity in a fast and dynamic environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefit and payroll practices, as well as general HR knowledge of applicable federal and state employment regulations
- Strong focus on compliance and reporting
- Minimum of three years' experience in benefit payroll administration
- Prior experience as an account liaison with an insurance agency will be extremely beneficial
- Working knowledge of multiple HRIS/payroll systems and platforms such as Paycom, Asure, iSolved, ADP, Paylocity, Exponent, UltiPro, Bamboo, etc.
What’s In It For You
- Exciting work atmosphere and opportunities for professional development
- Vibrant and growing business operation provides space for collaborating with a team of specialists
- Opportunity to work in a variety of settings with different clients in several industries