Pacific Studio is growing and having fun doing it!
We currently have an incredible opportunity for a Purchasing Associate to join our rapidly growing team. This person is responsible for accurate and timely purchasing at the most favorable price, consistent with quality, quantity, delivery and other factors.
Position Summary: The Purchasing Associate will purchase the raw materials, equipment, machinery and supplies needed for each individual project/job and coordinating these needs with Project Managers and Staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Purchase raw materials per ERP system requirements, maintaining adequate inventory levels
• Process RFQs on a day to day basis per written/established guidelines
• Complete all purchases in a timely manner and per job schedule
• Manage material prices and lead times
• Research products and cost savings, and obtain quotes from suppliers as requested or required
• Source alternate vendors
• Coordinate with select vendors for shipping material to job site; Arrange truck rental
• Track shipping and receiving of all materials ordered
• Receive all orders; Tag with job; Place in defined holding areas
• Arrange shipping for small packages
• Establish positive working relationships and communicate effectively with suppliers and shippers
• Process and reconcile incoming invoices
• Maintain a positive and supportive work environment that encourages the sharing of information and ideas
• Maintain W-9 files, tracking and obtaining W-9s for more than 2500 suppliers
• Reconcile credit card statements
• Reconcile inventory
• Troubleshoot discrepancies with shop ply and case materials inventory
• Act in a back-up capacity for purchasing of travel and accommodations
• Meet compliance and reporting requirements for OSHA, USDOT, FAR, SAM, and other government regulations
• Maintain USDOT files to ensure drivers are up to date and compliant; Oversee trip details and log books
• Check on routine maintenance of company vehicle
• Oversee renewal of insurance certificates and bonds pertaining to contractor licensing
• Update OSHA log, post compliance posters, and oversee the EMR rate
Minimum candidate requirements:
• Two years of related/relevant purchasing experience
• College degree, preferred
• Familiarity with MS Office Word and Excel and Enterprise purchasing software
• Previous experience with customer service and maintaining relationships with vendors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pacific Studio is a nationally recognized Museum Exhibit Design and Fabrication Company, dedicated to producing unforgettable experiences. We build value, function, and engagement into everything we make. Pacific Studio blends Old World craftsmanship with emerging technologies to produce unparalleled environments. From hand-painted murals to fine woodworking and digital interactives, we set the bar for quality, with the largest in-house team of skilled artisans in the industry. With 100+ skilled technicians, 40,000 square feet of manufacturing space, 30 years of experience, and the highest standards in design, fabrication, and craftsmanship, we are dedicated to our craft and proud of our impeccable results.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted online. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Pacific Studio provides a competitive benefits package and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. Benefits include generous medical, dental, and retirement options, up to three weeks of leave per year, and seven paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans