Auction Edge is the automotive remarketing industry’s leading provider of technology and services to independent auctions, dealers, and corporate remarketers. Auction Edge provides a suite of technologies that help independent wholesale auto auctions conduct sales and connect buyers and sellers in the online world. With 240 independent auction customers and millions of cars processed per year, Auction Edge is uniquely positioned to serve the competitive needs of the independent auction community. To learn more about our latest products and services visit www.auctionedge.com.
We are looking for a Install Team Lead to support our Team in Statesville, NC. This position will participate directly in the installation of Auction Edge software. In addition, the Install Team Lead manages and coordinates activities of employees engaged in installation and training of Auction Edge software. Instructs clients in the proper use of Auction Edge products and support procedures. Installs and configures computer systems and peripheral devices such as printers, following manuals, specifications, and diagrams. Develops, organizes and implements customer training material for Auction Edge products. Support Auction Edge software by acting as a Customer Support Representative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and participates in the installation and implementation of new software, and assures client timelines and requirements are met; Schedules and conducts training to ensure clients understand the basic features of the software and discuss operational options of how the software can meet their client’s needs.
- Evaluates and tests basic functionality of the software while on site to make sure that clients who use the program will be able to use it effectively and will not encounter problems.
- Assists in integrating software with other client systems and software applications.
- Provides technical support during the installation and training process and follows up with clients on installation and software questions and concerns; transitions to a Customer support role after successful installation and implementation of Auction Edge software systems.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of multiple software training projects.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and build client relationships.
- Troubleshoots network, database, and software problems for implementations; develops solutions to software and installation issues.
- Reviews and documents project activity, and reports status on all implementation activities to management.
- Involves management appropriately and in a timely manner in problem determination, remediation, and resolution.
- Coordinates with clients, other departments and outside vendors to meet installations schedules and goals.
- Develops and trains customers of Auction Edge in the functionality and use of Auction Edge software products.
- Confers with management and staff to determine training objectives.
- Develop training plan, including outline, text, handouts, and tests, as well as design exercises to assist with learning Auction Edge software, applying knowledge of software and programming, and following manuals.
- Develop orientation and training material, including text based and video based, to help prepare clients for Auction Edge software installation and use.
- May plan, assign, and direct work of installation staff, in accordance with project requirements and/or assign personnel and schedule workflow to facilitate installation.
- Installs Auction Edge software products and peripheral, following specifications.
- Observes customers in the use of software and answers customers’ questions.
- Organizes and/or conducts training for the customer service team to improve skills and efficiency and maintain applicable certifications.
- Travel to customer sites for installation and training.
- Provide customer service and support to all Auction Edge clients.
- Performs work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience with EDGE ASI auction management system as well as other EDGE products.
- Working knowledge of installing, configuring and supporting software, hardware and connectivity components across multiple network environments.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university OR 5-10 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience working with and for multiple auctions and groups, and in multiple operational capacities including accounting and operations.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Extensive experience with managing issue resolution that requires interaction with customers and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate project management skills and accountability involving customers, EDGE departments, milestones, and deadlines.
- Friendly and professional presence with employees, customers and partners.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to self-prioritize and move forward on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to effectively analyze problems for root cause and test counter-measures to implement.
- Experience using computer hardware and software.
- Proficiency with MS Office or Google suite.
- Proficiency with email required.
Certificates and Licenses
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This position requires up to 60% travel to various client sites, must be willing and able to travel to client locations and remain onsite for extended periods of time.
- When not visiting client sites, this position requires working in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. Noise level is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. Extensive keyboard typing is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your relevant experience with salary requirements, resume, online portfolio of previous works, and three professional references to this posting in a single document to the resume section.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Auction Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and supports diversity in the workplace.