Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have openings for a full-time Lab Assistant to join our professional team in Gig Harbor. As our Lab Assistant, you will be responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing patient specimens, reporting accurate and reliable laboratory results, while ensuring the laboratory methods are performed in accordance with laboratory policies.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of phlebotomy procedures and/or designated laboratory testing as assigned while assuring the QC data generated is documented according to standard operating procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and protocols which are essential to the timeliness of results reported while assuring that productivity is adequate to meet the demands of the laboratory's workload.
- Manages all patient service interactions with diplomacy, actively facilitating resolutions to problems and addressing the needs of all clients both internal and external.
- Performs all testing and specimen collections in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures while adhering to regulatory mandates.
- Rotate stock supplies and keeps inventory.
- Completion of an accredited Phlebotomy or Medical Assisting Program and a high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Washington State MA-P certification is required.
- Must know human anatomy, master technical and communication skills with people of all ages, know laboratory safety rules, and adhere to all CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements.
- Effective computer/data entry skills for data maintenance.
- Minimum of one year of healthcare/laboratory experience in a patient care setting. Direct phlebotomy experience required.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!!