Northwest Medical Specialties offers South Sound residents compassionate, experienced and innovative treatment in cancer care and infectious diseases. We are among the regional leaders in clinical trials, allowing patient’s access to cutting-edge treatment.
We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time Infusion RN to join our professional nursing team in Federal Way, WA. As our Infusion RN you will responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. These roles are also responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care based on established clinic policies and will collaborate with other disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery is achieved.
This is a full time position working Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7am to 5:30pm.
- Coordinate nursing and patient care activities within the department and with other clinical departments in order to provide efficient comprehensive and cost effective patient
- Demonstrate ability to carry out skills as outlined in nursing procedures for clinical areas worked including administration of prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards and clinic
- Participate in preparing patient for infusion room
- Ensure laboratory orders are completed and processed as
- Administer IV infusions within scope of Registered Nurse
- Document all activities completed and record in the patients’ medical
- Oversee management of daily patient care.
- Oversee LPN’s and Medical Assistant’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current Washington State RN License required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Previous Oncology and administering Chemotherapy experience preferred.
- OCM certification preferred; ability to obtain within two year of hire required.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Experience using OncoEMR and Epic a plus.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for an extended period of time.
- Excellent organization and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with staff, Physicians, Visitors, Vendors, Patients and the general public in a tactful and pleasant manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Employment at stable and growing company with career growth opportunities.
- Free parking.
- Educational Opportunities and Tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive salary and great benefits package.
If you are looking for an organization committed to its patients, employees, and the community, please apply today!!