LKD Aerospace, a growing aerospace & defense company, in business since 1983, has an immediate opening for a full time Senior Accountant in Snoqualmie, WA. LKD is a Global Distributor, Manufacturer & MRO of Aerospace Components specializing in distribution of factory new aerospace & defense components, FAA-PMA parts, OEM manufacturing of aerospace components for a variety of applications and MRO services. Our Gladiator Technologies Division designs and manufactures high performance MEMS inertial sensors and systems for OEM applications around the world.
Our Accountant will be responsible for managing and performing the Company’s transactional accounting activities, including the maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records. Responsible for the corresponding set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results and ensure that these results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the accounting processes and transactions of the Company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, including those related to inventory and product costing.
- Provide ERP software accounting process knowledge to other departments to ensure proper transaction processing and to maximize efficiency.
- Oversee and perform day-to-day cash management duties.
- Ensure payroll is accurately processed, confidentially and in accordance with strict time deadlines.
- Ensure proper initial valuation and subsequent depreciation of Company assets.
- Perform month-end closings in a timely manner, including maintaining appropriate expense cut-off procedures, and performing sub-ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure payroll, sales and use, B&O, personal property and other tax compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, local and international government business and employee/payroll reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting plus 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 facility a plus
- Superior attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent, reliable and a team player
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Highest level of personal and business ethics, including confidentiality
- Advanced working knowledge of ERP software
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including extracting data from ERP software and manipulating it using Excel
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a health/dental/vision care package, employer retirement match, life insurance and paid time off.
LKD Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace