Emerald City Pet Rescue is a nonprofit organization that exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals. As a growing company we are seeking an experienced Controller to support our financial health. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the accounting department and for establishing, executing, and supervising accounting systems and personnel in accordance with GAAP. This person will work closely with our executive team to interpret financial data, and support strategic planning and decision-making.
All of our staff and volunteers here at Emerald City Pet Rescue are committed and dedicated to raising funds, fostering and caring for our animals, and participating in adoption events. We do everything we can to ensure that loving homes are found for these amazing pets. Above all else, our core value: Love can save lives.
- Direct the accounting activities of the company, including overseeing the monthly financial balancing and accounting close, preparation and posting of all necessary journal entries, and ensuring financial statements are in full compliance with GAAP
- Manage A/P and A/R functions, support the reconciliation of all key/necessary accounts, and maintenance for fixed assets
- Ensure the business has the appropriate set of controls, processes, reports, and oversight within the accounting function
- Coordinate annual audits
- Prepare strategic forecasts and budgets
- Analyze monthly data to understand and report on company performance and identify cost- saving opportunities
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Hire, supervise, and mentor accounting department staff
- Support executive team on strategic and annual planning for the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required. MBA, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a Financial Controller
- Prior experience in a non-profit and/or retail environment, highly preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong technical aptitude including Microsoft Office Suite; proficient with Excel and Enterprise QuickBooks
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to collaborate across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Pre-employment criminal background check required
ECPR offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are accepted using our online application process only. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer