Dawson is a 45-year-old thriving commercial construction firm with growing operations in Washington & Alaska. We are seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent to serve as the on-site supervisor to direct and manage activities related to construction of large commercial projects.
- Ensures safety is an everyday topic and supersedes all other factors to prevent accidents and create a safe working environment for everyone.
- Takes responsibility for the dimensional accuracy of the work during construction, including but not limited to ensuring layout is correct per the latest project documents and that all work is built in compliance with those documents.
- Exemplifies the culture of hard work and continuous improvement while fostering stability and sustainable growth.
- Assembles and directs the activities of workers engaged in the construction of buildings or other projects while ensuring, above all else, safety, quality and efficiency.
- Works with the PM to ensure the procurement of tools and materials are delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules, and stays ahead of crews and subcontractors.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Ensures all reports and records are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains positive relationships and communicates effectively with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Conducts and participates in safety meetings to ensure a safe working environment.
- 10-20 years’ experience in the construction industry, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a commercial construction superintendent.
- Successful history of supervising ground-up projects valued over $5 Million
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam and other industry related software.
- Understands the impact of change on cost and schedule
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work extended hours, including some weekends and holidays if needed to meet the project schedule.
- Able to travel and work away from home for the duration of a project.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets and Drug Free Workplace