Since 1986 Wildlife Computers has been a leading innovator in electronic tagging technology for marine animal applications. Our devices integrate data-logging, Argos and GPS technology to aid the study of marine animals such as penguins, turtles, cetaceans and large fish. For more information, please visit our website at www.wildlifecomputers.com.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the team at our Redmond, WA location. As our new SDET, you will be responsible for assuring the integrity of Wildlife Computer products systemic software testing.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well-organized, and have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. As a member of the engineering team, this person will be an integral part of assuring the ongoing quality and integrity of Wildlife Computer products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the creation and execution of automated and manual test cases based upon functional specifications and QA-best practices.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and implementing system testing/analysis/review activities, writing test protocols, executing software and system testing, and providing documentation for all verification and validation activities.
- Participate in design activities, code reviews, and bug/issue triage in order to achieve a high level of quality in final products.
- Provide expertise regarding software testing methods, techniques, and tools in order to develop testing procedures. This will include selecting appropriate manual, scripted, or automated solutions to conduct testing.
- Demonstrate customer focus, cross-functional collaboration/teamwork skills, continuous innovation and improvement, and sound judgment.
- Experience in embedded software testing is preferred.
- Possess excellent written, persuasion and consensus building, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering from a four year college or university
- Five+ years automated and manual technical testing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of VB, C#, or C++ in addition to databases, embedded, and desktop software development
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- General knowledge of software engineering and best practices
Wildlife Computers offers a competitive salary with outstanding benefits such as fully paid medical and dental, 401(k), and 40 days of paid time off per year