Committee for Children is a nonprofit working globally to foster children’s social-emotional development and prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Our research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 25,000 schools in the US and 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 13 million children each year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
The Database Administrator & BI Developer will be responsible for the technical aspects, process documentation, and reporting of the databases during significant growth and transition between enterprise solutions. Analyze and translate data into usable and informative BI solutions, including dashboards and/or business-critical reports. Assist with administering line of business database and services.This is a temporary role, and is anticipated to last 1 year.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create and maintain line of business data dictionary and documentation for database contents, schema, process workflows, and relational mapping
- Develop business intelligence dashboards and reports, such as physical data models and dimensional analyses
- Analyze, design, code, and performance test SQL queries in various database types
- Participate in requirements gathering, specifications preparation, and design for new projects and/or existing systems
- Design and implement design and configuration changes to the DB systems for individuals or departments upon request by the IT Manager
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of database administration, DB warehouse/mining, documentation, and ETL and integration practices
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or engineering
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of DB-related platforms and integration services: MSSQL, MySQL, Azure DB, AWS Dynamo DB, SOAP, REST, XML, etc.
- Proficient understanding of multiple data warehouse/BI-related technologies, including dimensional warehouses, scripting, reporting tools, and SQL performance tuning
- Demonstrated knowledge of project/system management methodologies that support agile/iterative development
Committee for Children is an EEO Employer/Disabled/Vets