Based in Woodinville, WA, SkoFlo Industries, a world leader in the design and manufacture of chemical injection valves for the offshore petroleum industry, we are seeking a Design Engineer to join our team.
The Design Engineer is responsible for continuous improvement of existing product, test and manufacturing methods and will actively support new product development. Ensuring compliance with quality system procedures and industry standards, this position will develop and modify products by innovative designs, conducting analysis and characterization. The Design Engineer may also provide mentoring and training to other engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of parts and assemblies from concept to production detailed drawings using three-dimensional modeling software.
- Ensure internal engineering design guidelines and standards as well as customer contract requirements are documented and realized in product designs.
- Provide design guidance and feedback to other personnel, constructs and maintain Bills of Materials, assembly, detailed prints and production procedures to support manufacturing and customer requirements.
- Identify and document critical design and assembly parameters and establish methods to communicate these requirements to manufacturing and relevant departments.
- Review and understand customer specifications, industry standards, drawings, tolerance stack-ups, fit studies and reliability studies. Write specifications, internal standards, qualification test and reports.
- Performs stress tests and calculations, flow and pressure drop studies, analyzes data, prepares reports and makes comparisons with similar designs.
- Develop, maintain and enforce engineering standardization procedures such as drawing templates, engineering calculations, qualification test reports, etc.
- Utilize FMECA techniques, reliability studies, and lessons learned to develop and qualify designs.
- Oversee product prototyping and qualification including product documentation.
- Define & specify custom and off the shelf components for new and existing product designs.
- Support production sustaining activities by designing test systems and trouble-shooting production issues.
- Interface with engineering, purchasing, sales and manufacturing; recommend improvements to product and/or manufacturing and test methods.
- Work with machine shops in-house and outsourced regarding clarification of scope, quotes, manufacturability and priorities for projects.
- Other duties and various specialized projects as assigned.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (MSME preferred); minimum 2 years of experience working with 3D CAD software.
- 5-10 years or relevant experience designing and selecting parts and assemblies using CAD software with working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5.
- Experience in utilizing FEA modeling.
- Knowledge / expertise in fluid mechanics; previous valve design experience a definite plus.
- Experience working in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently; manage multiple and continuously changing priorities; problem solver; detail oriented; and initiative.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2008 facility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 2 years of project management experience.
- Professional Engineer certification.
- Expertise in precision CNC machining (milling and turning) of exotic metals.
- Background in fluid dynamics, preferably with subsea products.