Headquartered in Seattle, WA we are looking for an experienced Development Manager to join our team in Denver, CO! The Development Manager will provide hands-on project management and oversight of the development and construction management of ground up developments, redevelopments, capital projects, and tenant improvements. Responsibilities include direct management of project consultants, general contractor, design and permitting agencies inclusive of management and associated reporting of the budget, schedule, permitting and contracts of project(s). The specific duties of this position vary with market conditions and the phase of the investment.
If you outperform the expected and would like to work with an organization that does the same, apply today!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of project to ensure successful project delivery and report to company stakeholders.
- Bid and make recommendations to hire consultants and contractors. Prepare and administer select contracts including direct negotiation, award and execution of GMP construction contract for all components of projects including shells and interiors.
- Manage and interface with general contractor, architect and consultants to track deliverables and performance against the project schedule and budget to ensure deadlines are maintained.
- Review, facilitate and track responses to construction related documents such as consultant and architect's request for information and change requests.
- Review all project invoices and pay requests for accuracy and conformance with the contracts and provide approval. Coordinate and maintain cost accounting and processing with internal and external (Contractor/Consultant/Tenant) accounting groups for projects.
- Responsible for project document management, including consultant files, plans and specifications, contract documents, recording of meeting minutes and all other project related documentation.
- Responsible for creating soft and hard cost budget and managing costs against the budget.
- Ensure timely completion of projects in compliance with established schedules and prepare schedule variance analysis. Update the Development & Asset Management teams on project status including schedule variation.
- Responsible for all aspects of tenant improvement management, including conformance with building standards and work letter (lease agreement), tenant budget negotiations, documentation review, monitoring of TI accounting, punch list walk through with tenant and related parties, and permitting & occupancy requirements.
- Coordinate with service and utility providers for service to new projects to meet contractor & tenant schedule needs.
- Support investment team in pursuit of new acquisitions, disposition, joint venture and debt negotiations including due diligence and entitlements.
- Provide cost estimating, budgeting, and constructability evaluation of projects. Prepare preliminary project development timelines and schedules.
- Provide due diligence support, evaluate results and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Manage preparation of submittals required for procurement of necessary project permits and entitlements from governmental bodies and other parties.
- Monitor and coordinate resolution of construction warranty issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, with emphasis in business, construction management, engineering or architecture.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in construction or project management, preferably in commercial development and/or construction.
- Must have solid understanding of the operating practices and related contracts associated with construction, architectural, and engineering firms.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to prepare, read, and understand detailed construction schedules.
- Ability to negotiate and administer construction, architect, consultant contracts, and RFP’s.
- Ability to delegate, negotiate and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Familiarity with cost information management systems, cost estimating, project costing and schedule maintenance.
- Experience with jurisdictional permitting and occupancy requirements.
- Strong time management and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift focus quickly to meet frequently changing company priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and peak workload requirements.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership ability, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ‘self-starter’, high quality work ethic and a high level of integrity and energy.Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Outlook.A pre-employment drug test and background check required.
ABOUT SCHNITZER WEST:
Put yourself at the forefront of real estate innovation with a career at Schnitzer West.
Known for our out-of-the-box, tenant-focused properties, Schnitzer West, LLC, is one of the West Coast’s leading real estate investment, development, and property management companies. Led by a highly entrepreneurial team of managing partners, we are continually rethinking and reinventing the way buildings should work for the people who occupy them. Our unique approach requires rigorous financial discipline and in-depth, tenant-focused research. It demands innovative, forward-looking design and exacting execution with an unrelenting commitment to quality. It results in properties of enduring value that deliver superior returns, even in down markets.
Since our inception in 1997, we have developed or acquired and repositioned more than ten million square feet of commercial real estate in the Seattle, Portland and Denver markets. Currently, we have three Class A+ office building under construction and we are redeveloping several other properties. We also manage 4.8 million square feet of office and retail space with five-star service unrivaled in the industry.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are accepted using our online application process only.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER